VAGAN OIL AND GAS LTD Has Experience In Oil & Gas Field Maintenance And Services, Welding And Fabrication, Electrical And Mechanical Installation / Operation & Maintenance And Civil / Mechanical Construction Works In Both Land And Swamp Locations In The Niger Delta.
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 2-3 years
Job Field: Finance / Accounting / Audit
- We are looking for an accountant with Oil and Gas experience,to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets.
- Accountant responsibilities include; auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements, and reconciling tax payments and returns.
- To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes.
- Ultimately, you will provide us with accurate quantitative information on the financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, while ensuring that we are compliant with our tax regulations.
- Prepare profit and loss statements and monthly closing and cost accounting reports.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Manage petty cash systems; disbursements and claims.
- Tracking Payments to internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare and review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
- Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control.
- Processing Tax payments and returns.
- Recommend, develop and maintain financial databases, computer software systems and manual filing systems.
- Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the company’s automated financial systems.
- To oversee the preparation of annual and project-specific budgets for the unit and exercise control over expenditure.
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant Degree.
- Additional certification (ACA) is a plus.
- Work experience as an Accountant.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like Sage and QuickBooks.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Experience with general ledger functions.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.