Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential.
Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Ad-hoc Volunteer – Cleaner
Job ID: 2100047V
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Employee Status: Contingent
- To provide a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the Office and Guest house.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Dispose dirt inside the waste basket and dustbin daily.
- Use cleaning solutions to remove stains and clean surfaces.
- Mix various cleaning agents.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture and scrub surfaces clean.
- Clean and service restrooms with mops and disinfectants.
- Identify and report possible repairs.
- Support in movement of heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies.
- Wash kitchen utensils and make sure the kitchen surface is always neat, clean and dry.
- Ensures no plates, cups or utensils are left over the night in the kitchen sink.
- Remove cobwebs .
- Cut and trim the flowers & grass within & outside the premises.
- Sweep the compound.
- Undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Wet-wipe and polish all high-level shelves.
- Wet-wipe window ledges.
- Always adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Other – Other ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager.
Qualifications And Experience And Attributes
Popular Stories Right now
- Level of Education – SSCE
- General Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – Good
- Language Requirements – English – Good
- Desired Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role – 1 year.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Application Closing Date
17th June, 2021.