Founded in 1973, Ipas is a global nongovernmental organization dedicated to ending preventable deaths and disabilities from unsafe abortion. Through local, national and global partnerships, Ipas works to ensure that women can obtain safe, respectful and comprehensive abortion care, including counseling and contraception to prevent future unintended pregnancies.
Community Access – State Focal Person
: Full Time
: 1 – 3 years
: Gombe , Jigawa
: Gombe and Jigawa, Nigeria
: 6 Months with possibility of extension
is a nonprofit organization working to achieve a world where every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health.
Through local, national and global partnerships, Ipas works to ensure that women and girls have improved sexual and reproductive health and rights, through enhanced access and use of contraceptive care.
The Community Access State Focal Person
will support the Access Advisor in liaising with the local communities of Ipas intervention in Nigeria to ensure implementation of innovative community approaches to increase awareness of and access to women’s reproductive health care. Under the supervision of the Access Advisor, S/he collaborates with partner organizations to help build capacity, support effective execution of programs, and to advance Ipas’s vision to improve community efforts related to sexual and reproductive health rights.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Facilitates the smooth liaison between organizations, institutions and interested groups to promote knowledge, skills and social support systems enabling women to maximize their sexual and reproductive rights.
- Facilitates local partnerships and other Ipas-supported initiatives on comprehensive Sexual and Reproductive Health Care in the community.
- Periodically capture, document and share innovation, best practices and lessons learnt from implementation of programs with key internal and external stakeholders to improve community access outcomes and results.
- Contributes to the development of training and orientation materials to ensure content is applicable to the different community groups.
- Supports partner organizations in the development of effective strategies and helps monitor work plans and budgets, ensuring implementation approaches are within Ipas’s strategy and donor requirements.
- Facilitates the accurate documentation and collection of data from the field office to support documentation and organizational learning.
- Raise awareness and deliver value through training activities to increase knowledge, skills and abilities of women and community members to access SRHR in line with Ipas technical program protocols.
- Apply lessons learned to recommend strategies that will maximize the impact of Ipas’s community access initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Arts, Communication, or related field.
- 1-3 years community engagement/work experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to read and speak Hausa language fluently.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Working knowledge of basic project planning and implementation principles.
- Skilled in strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Working knowledge of women’s sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Working knowledge of SRHR context in Northern Nigeria.
NGN100,000 – 150,000
Method of Application
Applications are welcome from qualified candidates based in Gombe and Jigawa States. The candidate will be chosen through a competitive application process.
Please submit: An application letter and CV as a “single attachment
” on or before 28th May 2021.
Application documents should be sent to IpasNigeria.Procurement@ipas.org
with subject line reading: “Community Access – State Focal Person”
Also: Click here to apply online
: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.