Kano Independent Research Center Trust (KIRCT in Nigeria) – The Centre was established in 2013 by Pfizer Inc. for the Kano State Government to conduct Bio-medical (and Healthcare) Research with focus on communicable and non-communicable diseases of public Health importance as Nigeria and the African continent. The Center also conducts programmes for workforce development in public health.
Pfizer Inc. is fully funding the activities of the Center through some Memorandum of understanding which is projected to continue for the next several years.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Director of Research / Chief Executive
Required Qualification and Experience
- The Director of Research will serve as the Chief Executive of the Center and will be responsible for the effective execution of the mandate of the Center and for the smooth running of its day-to-day affairs.
- The Director will report to the Board of Trustees of the Center.
- As a Scientist, he / she is expected to provide research leadership and as a manager to provide an environment conducive for high level research and scientific pursuit in the Center.
The position is open to Clinical Biomedical and Public Health Scientists of high international repute. Suitable Candidates must:
- Possess (relevant) Postgraduate Academic qualification and or Postgraduate Professional qualification where appropriate.
- Produce evidence of distinguished as well as continuous contribution to biomedical knowledge through research and scientific publications.
- Have leadership experience in Research and Management at University or Research Institute level.
- Have relevant capacity and experience for scientific collaboration at the National, Regional and International levels and for attracting research grants / support.
- Be a University Professor of not less than five years standing or must have held a comparative position in a Research Institute.
- Prior experience at research center will be an advantage.
Conditions of Service
- Remuneration will be similar to what obtains in an international research institutes.
Application Closing Date
26th August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send soft copies of their applications, updated Curriculum Vitae and a detailed list of their scientific publications to: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
All applications via email should be addressed to:
The Executive Secretary,
Kano Independent Research Trust Center,
KM1 Dawakin Kudu Road, Kano,
Kano State, Nigeria.
- Applicants should include the names and addresses of three Referees who should be requested by the candidates to send references on them under separate confidential cover to the Center.
- The Referees should send their recommendations through the same portal for the submission of applications.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.