The Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike (AE-FUNAI) in Ebonyi State was among the nine new Universities established by the Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan’s administration in February, 2011. It is situated in Ikwo Local Government Area of Ebonyi State which is about 25 kilometres from Abakaliki, the State Capital.
The university is deeply committed towards realizing its dream for a world class status where research and innovations are the order of the day. Her philosophy is strictly guided bythe desire to raise problem solvers for the nation through the production of highly skilled and motivated graduates.
This informed her decision to recruit carefully selected and competent staff with commendable pe degree in various academic disciplines and professional units, to ensure that staff pursue their carrier in a clement environment and students are giventhe bestattention and proper guidance through out their stay in the university.
In accordance with the provisions of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act No.11 of 1993 as amended, the council hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Director, Physical Planning, Works and Services
Location: Abakaliki, Ebonyi
Employment Type: Full time
- Director of Physical Planning, Works and Services is the Chief Technical Officer of the University responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day to day management and maintenance of buildings, eqipment and other estates as well as the provision of utilities for the smooth running of the University.
- The Director, Physical Planning, Works and Services must be a person of high integrity and should demonstrate transparency in private and public life.
- The Director should command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University and must be receptive to new ideas as well as being willing to translate them into new and viable projects in line with the phased development plans of the University.
- He/She shall not be above sixty (60) years of age before the date of appointment. Persons who have served as or are currently serving as Director of Physical Planning, Works and Services need not apply.
Candidate for the post shall:
- Possess a good honours Degree in the Built Environment (Engineering, Architecture, Quantity Surveying or related field) from a recognized university, evidence of NYSC together with at least ten (10) years post qualification experience and unbroken service in the University system.
- Have attained the rank of a Chief in his or her career in the Built Environment in the university system.
- Be registered with the relevant professional body such as ARCON, COREN, QSRBN, CORBON, SURCON, etc.
- Be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The appointment is for a single term of five (5) years.
- The salary attached to this position is CONTISS 15. Other benefitsto the holder of the office are as stipulated in the university’s conditions of service.
Application Closing Date
23rd August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates for the position are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their Applications, Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following:
- Full name (surname first, in capital letters followed bya comma)
- Place and date of birth
- Permanent home address
- Present postal address
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children (if any)
- E-mail and telephone numbers
- State of origin and local government area
- Secondary and post-secondary schools attended with dates
- Academic and professional qualifications obtained with dates
- Positions held with dates
- Membership of professional bodies
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees.
Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelope with the “Post of Director of Physical Planning, Works and Services” clearly marked at the top left hand. The application should be addressed and sent to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike (AE-FUNAI),
P.M.B. 1010, Abakaliki,
- The post of the Director of Physical Planning, Works and Services which had been advertised earlier, is being re-advertised. Candidates who had applied previously may reapply if they wish.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that the Referees’ reports reach the Registrar and Secretary to Council not later than 23rd August, 2021.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview and further interaction.