The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international Catholic organisation with a mission to accompany, serve and advocate on behalf of refugees and other forcibly displaced persons. JRS undertakes services at national and regional levels with the support of an international office in Rome.
Human Resources Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 3 – 5 years
Job Field: Human Resources / HR
Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS), is an International Catholic Organization working across 56 countries whose mission is to accompany, serve and advocate for the rights of refugees and IDPs in conflict zones, detention centres, and on remote borders.
The Human Resource Officer is responsible for handling the daily administrative and human resource duties of an organization, possessing the skills in conflict management and decision-making with a solid understanding of employee relationships, staffing management, and payroll and benefits administration.
- Provides advice as it pertains to recruitment selections and ensure adherence to policies and procedures in filling vacant posts and ensure that all employment policies follow current laws and regulations.
- Provides advice on guidelines on promotion and placement of staff.
- Represent JRS in discussions with senior government officials on recruitment and other human resources matters.
- Develop programs to enhance employee welfare and resilience.
- Ensure that the new hire orientation process properly introduces new employees to the corporate culture.
- Deliver compensation and benefit comparison reports to the executive team each month and make recommendations to improve the organization.
- Serves as JRS Administrative focal point for the implementation of policies related to human resources management, particularly as it relates to HQs and the field, as well as assists supervisors and staff with understanding human resources policies.
- Provides policy advice to staff and managers on substantive and procedural questions related to administration and management of staff, including the implementation of any human resources reform initiative.
- Reviews and provides advice to Program Managers on requests for exceptions to policies, regulations and rules before transmittal to the Office of coordination.
- Serves on various standing boards, committees, ad hoc working groups and task forces, as required.
- Also represents the operational interests of JRS at the policy level for any field-based emergency operations meetings/discussions.
- Responsible for the administration and giving guidance to Line Managers in respect of company’s Counselling/Grievance and Disciplinary Procedures.
- Keeps abreast of developments and trends in various areas of human resources.
- Prepares reports and participates and/or leads special human resources projects.
- Identifies training needs and develops a training and development program to ensure all staff receive training.
- Promote PSEAH standards within JRS and amongst beneficiaries served by JRS.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: Human Resources, Psychology, or any Social Science.
- A professional qualification in the field of Human Resources.
- A member of any Human Resources professional body.
Experience and Skills
- At least three (3) years’ experience in Human Resources.
- Good understanding of the Labour Laws and Industrial relations.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
- Adequate knowledge of payroll processing and administration.
- Traceable references of previous employers.
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Outstanding knowledge in MS Office and any HR Software.
- Working Knowledge of PSEAH and Child safeguarding policies.
- Adhere to JRS values and abide by the code of conduct and other policies.
- Excellent command of the English language (written and oral).
- Knowledge of the local Nigerian Language is desired.
- Proven work experience in multicultural and stressful environments.
- Ability to adapt to working conditions and tasks that may change with the reality of the field.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Result-oriented, self-motivated, team-spirited, and meticulous.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Role model for inclusion and diversity
JRS is an equal opportunity employer regardless of religion, gender, sexual orientation, ethnic groups.
- We are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
- Applicant are advised that JRS does not require any payment during the recruitment process.
- Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to our values and practices.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.
Also: Click here to apply
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.