International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets.
We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries.
In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
1. Extended-Term Consultant
Job Title: Extended-Term Consultant
Job #: req12571
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Term Duration: 1 year 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
- IFC’s Corporate Finance Services (CFS) unit, which focuses on M&A Advisory, assists clients to: assess and select potential markets for entry -expansion at a regional, country and city level; identify, shortlist and select targets for acquisition or partnership; support valuation, negotiations and transactions execution, including facilitation of investor’s due diligence up to deal closure; optimize financing structures and attract third party funding; advise on a balance sheet restructuring and value realization strategies; support clients as a trusted advisor when preparing for an IPO.
- CFS is ramping up its business in Africa; and the unit is looking to recruit an Extended-Term Consultant, based in Lagos, who will support the regional team and management. The ideal candidate will have finance and accounting experience and prior experience in investment banking, consulting or related fields, ideally in Emerging markets and focus on M&A.
- The candidate must be a self-starter, capable of taking initiative to cover a range of tasks, able to thrive in a small, entrepreneurial team/environment and be able to work independently with a minimal supervision.
- Additional information on Corporate Finance product offering and activities can be found on the CFS website.
Duties and Accountabilities
Popular Stories Right now
- Developing a variety of pitchbooks for internal and external dissemination
- Providing analysis and research support on a range of advisory mandates across sectors and regions
- Conducting industry and market research and preparing communication materials as necessary
- Provide support to senior officers and management in providing advisory to clients and in project execution
- Create financial models and analyze historical and projected financial statements
- Preparing documentation and other material for IFC internal processes
- Monitor and update pipeline of current and upcoming projects and update to management as needed
- Support department wide initiatives to improve systems and project delivery
- Undertake sector and business research, and research related to the departments past work
- Contribute to the development of marketing and/or promotional material as needed
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, with a focus on Finance and at least 10years’ experience.
- Experience in financial modeling, such as – detailed financial statement analysis, forecasting and multiple scenario creation and analysis, capital structure modeling, LBO and M&A modeling, etc., intrinsic valuation and Discounted Cash Flow analysis.
- Understanding of corporate finance, including – valuation, comparable identification, analysis and interpretation. Exposure to and prior participation in the M&A Advisory work is ideal.
- Prior exposure to client engagement, deal negotiations and mandate-signing activities are a plus.
- Good grasp & understanding of different types of debt, mezzanine and equity securities.
- Excellent written expression, ability to synthesize complex technical information and to create clear, logical, compelling stories.
- Ability to recognize and extract critical information from large volumes of data in a simple manner.
- Strong editing skills, high standard of quality control with required attention to written detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Spoken and written fluency required in English, proficiency in Portuguese or French is an advantage.
- Interest and knowledge of private sector participation/development issues.
- Ability to prioritize and deliver according to deadlines
- Required Language(s): English
- Preferred Language(s): Portuguese, French
Application Closing Date
25th July, 2021 at 11:59pm UTC.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important and Notice
- The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years.
- If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.
- Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.
2. Investment Analyst
Job Title: Investment Analyst
Job #: req12588
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Term Duration: 2 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
- IFC has embarked on an ambitious new strategy to stimulate more investment activity by Creating Markets, including in Low Income Countries (LICs) and Fragile and Conflict Situations (FCS).
- This new strategy requires a shift in our approach to proactively create, deepen, and expand markets and projects rather than waiting for clients to propose projects for IFC to finance.
- This strategy also relies on upstream work with Governments and World Bank colleagues to enable private sector solutions and financing.
- We call this approach the “Cascade.” Working with clients, we will first seek private sector solutions to address development challenges, where such solutions are advisable and can be effective, and reserve public financing for projects only when other options are suboptimal.
- The Financial Institution Group (FIG) is one of IFC’s key Departments responsible for a significant portion of IFC’s business volume, profitability, and development reach, approximately 40%.
- FIG engages in a wide range of sub-sectors including Microfinance, SME, Gender, Climate, Insurance, Capital Markets, Housing, Distressed Assets, and other areas, with both investment and advisory services delivered globally to IFC’s clients through IFC’s global network.
- FIG has three main objectives: 1) financial inclusion 2) servicing the real economy and 3) mobilizing third-party resources. The goal is to develop efficient financial systems that will increase financial inclusion and fuel economic growth in client countries and enhance IFC’s developmental impact.
- FIG is recruiting Investment Analysts to join the Investment and Portfolio Team, which originates, manages and monitors IFC’s financial sector investments in Africa and the Middle-East. This position will be based in Lagos.
- IFC recruits investment analysts globally on two-year term contracts extendable to a maximum of four years. Upon completion of their contracts, investment analysts typically leave to pursue a graduate degree or additional work experience.
Duties & Accountabilities
- Ability to conduct market and industry research and analysis.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail, thoughtful scenario analysis, and diligence in the quality of one’s own work.
- Fully understands the financial aspects of investment or advisory transactions, including how to conduct market analysis and determine financial soundness of company or project opportunity.
- Demonstrated skill in financial statement analysis, accounting, finance, financial modeling, DCF, and comparable company analysis to support informed decision making.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize debt pricing benchmarks and equity trading comparable.
- Basic understanding of how specific investments or advisory transactions in different industries and sectors impact economic, market, and social development, and how to use mapping methodology to assess market conditions, gaps, and business opportunities.
- Identify data collection needs to support the assessment of financial, operational, development impact, and market information as well as relevant ES&G matters. Coordinate with the client to obtain needed information.
- Demonstrates active listening skills by being attentive and listening to others to identify client and stakeholder needs.
- Able to distill and summarize large amounts of information from various sources to prepare business documents and presentations.
- Able to write in a logical and comprehensive, yet concise manner.
- Able to utilize graphics and tables to effectively and creatively present data.
- Extract lessons of IFC’s earlier investments or advisory mandates and other evaluative work as relevant to provide input to the structuring of straightforward transactions.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent Degree.
- Up to 3 years work experience in a financial institution, particularly in investment projects.
- Ability to develop complex financial models.
- Keen interest in development finance and multicultural environments.
- Highly motivated, committed to highest ethical standard, ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries.
- Strong knowledge of financial markets.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills including corporate/project finance.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in additional languages is preferred.
- Required Language(s): English.
- Preferred Language(s): French.
Application Closing Date
26th July, 2021. at 11:59pm UTC.