SYNLAB is the leading laboratory services provider in Nigeria. SYNLAB offers a full range of innovative and reliable medical diagnostics for patients, practicing doctors, hospitals and corporate organizations.
The services also encompass environmental laboratory analysis. SYNLAB Nigeria is a part of the SYNLAB Group which operates in more than 40 countries across four continents. SYNLAB Nigeria operates 26 facilities across Nigeria
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal & Compliance Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- Implementation, continuous improvement, and monitoring of Synlab’s Compliance Programme within the respective region in close cooperation with Group Compliance, in harmony with the local state and industry regulations / laws (to apply whatever is stricter)
- Implementation of the Group Compliance Programme within the respective country /region and monitoring of implementation, preparation of reporting’s to the Group Compliance Committee
- Advising SYNLAB Members and third parties in the respective country / region on the SYNLAB Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and providing training
- Determination of appropriate monetary thresholds and approval steps relating to matters contemplated in the ABC and Sanctions Guidelines; providing reporting to the Group Compliance Committee on approvals of all gifts, invitations, hospitality, donations and sponsoring as outlined in the ABC and Sanctions Guideline
- Drafting, implementing, and overseeing local compliance guidelines and procedures, in harmony with the local state and industry regulations / laws (to apply whatever is stricter)
- In the event of potentially serious compliance violations, responsibility to stop the activities in question; immediate reporting of the violation to the Group Compliance Committee and when appropriate the local CEO
- Identification of compliance risks and performance of periodic compliance audits with the support of the Group Compliance Manager
- Provide legal advice and opinion to business units
- Liaise with Company Legal representatives on legal issues
- Provide administrative support to other department
- Management of correspondence (internal/external) for the organisation
- Maintaining filling system and administration – Electronic and manual
- Preparation for meetings and taking minutes at meetings
- Quality management documentation
- Preparing necessary document for Management, Leadership and Board meetings
- Handling of correspondences coming in and going out of the organisation
Knowledge, Skill And Experience
- Degree, professional qualification or equivalent in Law
- 4-7 years’ relevant experience (Post NYSC)
- Strong project management skills.
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Good knowledge of Legal requirement and procedures
- Brilliant oral and written communication skills.
- Sound judgment and exceptional reasoning skills
- strong negotiation skills
- Experience of successfully leading and managing a diverse team.
- Experience of working collaboratively and in partnership with other organizations, with demonstrable experience of delivery across organizational boundaries.
- Demonstrable experience of leading and effectively managing change in large complex environments
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.