The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of: 1. State Coordinator – 1 Job Title: State Coordinator – 1 Reference ID: R1166 Location: Nassarawa Employment Type: Full Time
- PMI-S is a five-year PMI/USAID flagship malaria project implemented through a consortium led by MSH. The project is supporting the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, LGA and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for management of malaria, its complications, and prevention.
- PMI-S project focuses on strengthening the capacity of the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and State Malaria Elimination Programs (SMEPs) for the implementation of the National Malaria Strategic Plan 2014-2020.
- The State Coordinator will provide overall leadership and management of the PMI-S project in the state in a manner that strengthens partnerships with the state government and other partners, and leads to sustainable Malaria elimination efforts.
- S/he will spearhead coordination, implementation and reporting of the PMI-S project in the state and ensure optimal resource management of the project.
- S/he will serve as a member of the Project Management Team and will be responsible for overall project performance in the state of primary responsibility.
- Take responsibility for all Task Order 04 requirements for planning and reporting on state-level activities.
- Provides overall leadership and management of the PMI-S supported state malaria program including leading the development of an integrated malaria plan for the State.
- Lead operationalization of the PMI-S state malaria plan.
- Liaise and network with relevant malaria partners and stakeholders in the state to strengthen coordination, integration and resourcing of activities and promotion of a shared vision for malaria elimination in the state.
- Interacts and communicates on behalf of PMI-S to key stakeholders in the malaria partnership and government counterparts at state level
- Leads and provides oversight to quality assurance of state level implementation
- Contribute to establishment of a system for project monitoring, evaluation and reporting in collaboration with the Senior M&E Advisor that includes periodic analyses and review for evidence-based decision-making and program management.
- Take responsibility for management of the state malaria budget and all other resources under the direction of State Team Director
- Supervise staff and manage staff performance and development.
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements as well as required data and keep the Project Senior Management Team informed of state activities on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and as needed
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, International Development or another related field;
- Demonstrated a minimum of five years progressive experience in public health and working with development agencies and organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, project beneficiaries and project staff;
- Strong technical leadership, health program and financial management background, ability to negotiate, collaborate and coordinate with a range of stakeholders in context of complex and shifting priorities;
- Demonstrated management capacity in malaria programs with proven ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously in multiple locations;
- Excellent organizational, leadership, analytical, supervisory in service delivery and team-buildings skills; and,
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
Application Closing Date Not Specified.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online 2. NPHI Senior Country Coordinator
Job Title: NPHI Senior Country Coordinator Reference ID: R1210 Location: Abuja Employment Type: Full Time
- With support from the project’s Principal Investigator, the Senior Country Coordinator will provide strategic leadership and bear responsibility for the achievement of objectives and stated project goals, the effective management of local team members and consultants, and for the timely and accurate fulfilment of reporting requirements specified in the project award for activities in country.
- S/he will be the official representative for MSH’s NPHI Capacity Building Program in the country and will maintain routine communication between all relevant parties, including with CDC and MSH’s home office project leadership, as well as management and technical support staff.
- The Country Coordinator will be responsible for providing technical assistance and coaching, as well as coordinating other members of the project’s team to provide technical assistance to the Nigeria Ministry of Health and relevant National Institute for Public Health (NIPH), Nigeria Public Health Emergency Operations Centers (PHEOCs), and other relevant stakeholders to strengthen technical and managerial capacities particularly those related to effective emergency management and to better identify and address priority challenges arising from the current response to COVID-19.
- Support will likely include strengthening NIPH’s institutional capacity to play its leadership role, clarifying to the incident command structure and improving its performance, and using the COVID-19 response as an entry point for taking steps toward eventual integration of emergency operations and national disease surveillance into NIPH’s structure.
- The Country Coordinator will supervise the Project Officer assigned to support the NPHI activity and ensure that activity reports are compiled and submitted to the Project Management Team in the MSH Home Office. The Country Coordinator will liaise closely with other MSH teams in country.
- Advanced Degree in Public Health, Health Management Sciences, or a related discipline.
- At least eight (8) years of related experience; including experience developing capacities of high level public sector institutions, fostering high performing technical assistance, building the capacity of teams, and delivering on expected project results, with flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Experience of the One Health and/or IDSR frameworks in relation to epidemic control and or FETP training will be beneficial.
- Experience in developing leadership and management behaviors of teams and coaching senior leaders to improve performance is highly preferred.
- Capacity development experience in the context of public health emergencies or disease outbreaks is highly desirable.
- Experience with CDC is preferred. Record of productive collaboration with the Ministry of Health is beneficial.
- Designing and facilitating participatory assessments and group exercises
- Co-designing strategies and plans
- Designing and adapting capacity building strategies
- Planning for sustainability
- Strong interpersonal skills coupled with excellent communication skills: verbal, written, listening, presentation, and facilitation.
- Fluency in oral and written English communication
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of colleagues and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, written and oral communication, and negotiation skills.
Application Closing Date Not Specified.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online 3. M & E Database Consultant
Job Title: M & E Database Consultant Reference ID: R740 Locations: Katsina and Taraba Employment Type: Part time
- MSH is currently a sub recipient to Catholic Relief Services for the implementation of the Global Fund Malaria Grant (2021 to 2023) in Nigeria, which aims to implement and support malaria control activities in 11 states, including implementation of Seasonal Malaria Chemoprevention (SMC) in 2 states, Taraba and Katsina States.
- As part of effort to ensure adequate and quality assured data for the SMC programming, MSH seeks the engage the services of 2 M&E database consultant to develop and administer the project databases and Management Information System (MIS). One M&E database consultant will be required in each state of Taraba and Katsina.
- The consultant is expected to maintain database of SMC key activities including SMC personnel selection, training database, health facility assessment and micro planning data, periodic supervision data, End of Cycle Review Meetings, Data Quality Audit and Datasets of all Surveys. Experience with design of MIS is highly required as the project will integrate all databases into one system to allow for comparison and consolidation of reports.
- The candidate is also expected to have excellent skills in the design of mobile data collection tools, data visualization, analysis and report writing. Therefore, experience with the use of Kobo collect/Survey CTO, Tableau/Power BI, SPSS/STATA and programmable softwares like MySQL is desirable.
- The consultant will work with the State and LGA M&E teams as SMC field officers in ensuring SMC data is harnessed in databases, meet quality standards, analyzed, reported and used for programme improvement.
- S/he shall support health facility assessment and micro planning meetings to ensure that data generated meet minimum required standard and that they are captured in appropriate databases
- Participate in all activities aimed at reviewing and improving SMC data and report such as EoC review meetings, DQA, and validation meetings. He or she shall also participate in surveys and other operational researches undertaken to assess project impact
- Work closely with colleagues in the states to support personnel selection and capturing of bio-data. S/he shall maintain databases of SMC personnel and update of the database in the event of attrition and replacement
- S/he shall maintain databases of all trainings conducted, health facility assessment and micro planning data, periodic supervision data, End of Cycle Review Meetings, Data Quality Audit and Datasets of all Surveys.
- S/he shall be responsible for updating SMC MIS, performance dashboards and PUDR
- Support SMC implementing states in compilation of report, data analysis and writing of reports such as end of cycle report and donor narrative reports
- S/he shall promote learning, feedback and data use among LGA and Facility Health Workers
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Technical Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation.
- B.Sc or HND in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics or Economics or related analytical courses is required. A master Degree is an added advantage
- High analytical and decision making skills is desirable.
- Previous experience designing MIS for a health facility or community-based intervention is desirable
- Experience with the use of Kobo collect / Survey CTO, Tableau / Power BI, SPSS/STATA and programmable software like MySQL is a required
- Excellent report writing, facilitation and communication skills.
Application Closing Date Not Specified.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online Note: Please indicate your state of choice on your CV.
- Watch and download Tiwa savage Sex Tape
- Medical Officer Vacancy at Anadach Consulting Limited
- Software Developer Vacancy at Jaysoftnet Global Services Limited
- International Student Scholarships 2021 at Taylor University – USA
- Global Scholarships at Lancaster University – UK, 2022
- 2021 Presidential International Scholarship at Kansas Wesleyan University – USA
- Inventory Supervisor Vacancy at ECH Consulting
- IT Officer Vacancy at Etazuma Mining & Industries Limited
Spread the love