The NSIA-LUTH Cancer Center (NLCC) is West Africa’s most renowned center dedicated solely to offering premium cancer care, research, education and prevention. Our aesthetic facility stands distinct within the walls of the prestigious Lagos University Teaching Hospital and boasts of world class.
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA , OND
Experience: 6 – 8 years
Job Field: Medical / Healthcare
- Prepare for patient simulation.
- Explain procedures to the patient
Carry out CT simulation.
- Take necessary measurements and pictures as it relates to patient care and treatment.
- Acquire CT images and send them for contouring.
- Document and record procedure in the unit treatment journal.
- Provide clinical briefing to patients and their families, the details of treatment, possible side effects, numbers of days the patient will be on radiotherapy and other necessary adjustment.
- Inspect radiation equipment’s’ like CT, LINAC, IMMOBILISATIONAL devices, to ensure they are operational and function effectively.
- Ensure compliance with safety guidelines procedures and standards to prevent undue exposure to radiation.
- Ensure patients are positioned properly for radiation.
- Keep records of treatment information such as radiation dosage, equipment settings and patient’s response to radiotherapy.
- Assist oncologists and physicists to develop treatment plans for cancer patients.
- Monitor patients to check for the side effects of their treatments and make appropriate recommendations or changes to their treatment plan where necessary.
- Ensure proper sterilization of equipment and utensils used before the next appointment.
- Provide offline review of patents by supervision and make necessary adjustments where necessary.
- Dispense radiation dose during brachytherapy treatment.
- A minimum of a diploma or Bachelors’ degree in Radiography with a PGD in Radiotherapy.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in clinical practice.
- Must be licensed by the Radiographer registration board of Nigeria (RRBN).
- Must be a licensed Radio-therapist at the pint of employment (evidence of certificate will be required).
- Previous exposure to international atomic energy agency (IAEA fellowship, seminars and workshop.
- Hands-on knowledge and experience in Brachytherapy will be an added advantage.
- Previous attendance in ARN conferences or any RRBN continuous development programme is an added advantage.
- S/he must be able to communicate (read and write) in English language.
- Ability to speak another local language will be an added benefit to the role and unit.
- An excellent team-player with good time management skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.