An Independent Oil Exploration and Production company is looking to recruit a Senior Accountant who will gather, review, analyze and present financial and non-financial information from various sources within and outside the company and make recommendations that will positively impact the company.
The ideal candidate will supervise, plan and co-ordinate the activities of a variety of finance and accounts services that includes general accounting, accounts payable payroll, treasury management, financial reporting, budgeting etc.
The candidate will supervise the company’s financial and accounting activities while also performing complex accounting analysis and accurate reporting of the company’s financial position.
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 7 years
Job Field: Finance / Accounting / Audit
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Analyze customer and client profitability index and value for cost saving initiatives.
- Coordinate the company financial planning and budget management function.
- Responsible for financial analysis for management decisions.
- Preparation of financial outlook and financial forecasts.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget and manage the preparation of management report of budget / actual revenues and expenses.
- Develop effective reporting tools for the business unit and prepare routine reports (financial, quality, operational efficiency, market share, etc.).
- Track and analyze specialty reports and make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact the company.
- Maintain and implement short-range and long-range specialty / other reports, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Prepare project feasibility reports and analyze business development opportunities.
- Perform all other duties that will enhance profitability, productivity and going concern status of the company.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- A good degree in Accounting or Finance related field
- Possession of ACCA, ICAN , ACA or CFA is a must.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a financial reporting role in an E&P company is a must.
- Excellent proficiency in spoken and written french is preffered.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- Strong analysis and financial modelling skills with advanced use of Microsoft Excel and other analytical tools.
- Strong presentation skills with advanced use of Microsoft PowerPoint and other presentation tools.
- Advanced skills in other Microsoft Office applications, Word, Outlook, Knowledge of MS Project.
- Ability to handle the pressure of working in a dynamic and result oriented environment.
- SAP ERP savvy is preferrable.
- Knowledge of accounting standards
IFRS knowledge is essential.
- Experience in developing accounting systems, processes, policies, and procedures is essential.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.