The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) was established in the United Kingdom in 1997 as an independent, not-for-profit, research training, advocacy and capacity building organisation.
Senior Finance Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
Experience: 5 – 10 years
Job Field: Finance / Accounting / Audit
The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDDi) applications from qualified candidates to fill the position of SENIOR FINANCE in our organization. The person will be based in Abuja and will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the financial operations of the organization. Supervise the finance and foster collaboration and cooperation between Finance/Administrative and Programme staff as well as liaise with donor organizations. Specific duties include reviewing and forecasting monthly project and office expenses of the organization and partner organizations, coordinating finance department tasks, overseeing office accounting, grants management and other general financial duties.
The candidate must be a Chartered Accountant with preferably a Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting
S(he) should have at least ten (5) years experience in a related position, part of which must be in an international agency or the NGO sector.
- Proficiency in computerized accounting packages (QuickBooks, Excel, Word etc) is required, as well as attention to details; strong writing and oral communication skills.
- Demonstration of managerial and strong analytical problem solving skills with ability to handle sensitive and confidential data with discretion and integrity is a must.
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills also required.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of financial operations of the organization.
- Review and forecast monthly project and office expenses of the organization and partner organizations.
- Develop, review and finalize proposal budgets to prospective funders.
- Develop, review and finalize financial reports to funders.
- Prepare in-house budget on projects the Centre is working on.
- Preparation of monthly Management report
- Facilitating of Annual Audits
- Coordinating posting of financial transactions on Quickbooks package.
- Tracking of advances and reconciliation of staff advance accounts.
- Foster collaboration and cooperation between Finance, Administrative and Programme staff in implementation of projects the Centre is working on as well as liaise with donor organizations.
- General financial advisory roles to Director and IGC members, when necessary.
- Any other task as may be assigned within consultancy period.
Method of Application
Only Electronically submitted applications will be entertained. Scanned applications will be disregarded.
Subject line of emails must state clearly the Name of Applicant and Job Title of position applied for.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.