The University of Benin Teaching Hospital was taken over by the Federal Government on April 1st, 1975 as the fifth teaching hospital coming after Ibadan Teaching Hospital and Lagos Teaching Hospital.
The Institution has been decisively responding to challenges as they arise, to the extent that the UBTH could boastfully say that it has effectively discharged its Mandate.
For over forty years now, the Tertiary Referral Hospital, widely acknowledged as a Centre of Excellence, has remarkably and effectively served as the last port of call for expert management of diverse and varied disease conditions in Edo, Delta, part of Kogi and Ondo state which largely form its catchment area and sometimes further away.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Residency Training Programme
Location: Benin, Edo
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Residency Training Programme of the University of Benin Teaching Hospital in the following disciplines / posts:
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Child Health
- Chemical Pathology
- Medical Microbiology
- Morbid Anatomy (Histopathology)
- Mental Health
- Community Health
- Family Medicine
- Orthopedics & Traumatology / Burns & Plastics
- Maxillofacial Dentistry
- Preventive Dentistry
- Restorative Dentistry
- Periodontics Dentistry
- Oral Diagnosis & Radiology
- Oral Pathology & Medicine.
- Candidate for the post of Registrar II in any of the specialties must possess an MBBS Degree from a recognized University (by MDCN) plus the Primary Fellowship Certificate in the intended course of study.
- In addition to the above, candidates must have completed the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) or possess Exemption letter, whichever is applicable.
This is as applicable in the Federal Civil Service of the Federation.
Application Closing Date
16th August, 2021.
31st August, 2021 by 10:00 am.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should obtain their Application Forms from “The Human Resources Division” between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:00 pm weekdays only.
Completed Application Forms should be returned either by post or hand to:
The Chief Medical Director,
University of Benin Teaching Hospital,
P. M. B. 1111, Benin City,
Interview: Shortlisted candidates would be required to attend an interview on the date above in the Hospital’s VIP Lounge.